Saturday, January 9, 2010

I bought a van in LA. It has a seat that is folded down to about the size of a queen bed, a chest, curtains, a power converter, and screens on the back windows. It can also tow and has a roof rack. I am excited to finally be out of Alaska. I was in the seattle airport, getting ready to board a flight to LA, and thought about how I was finally ending this stage of my life. And it felt awesome. I thought, who was this person that I was three years ago? I remember wanting so bad to travel but being afraid. And now I have been so many places and I have so many more to go.

I was talking to a friend about how when you do things that are outside you zone of confort and you force yourself to do it, you change and grow as a person. Being a flight attendant and living in the airport and being scheduling's bitch, not being able to quit because I was in so much debt, I changed for the better. I got to thinking, what can I challenge myself with now? And the one thing I thought I would never ever want to do is go skydiving as I am afraid of falling. I don't even like fast rides. So I have decided that I need to force myself to end this journey with a jump out of an airplane. And since I have always had this weird feeling I would die at 30, as I am sure many people secretly do, I hope it will just be a start of another long journey and not really an "end."

No comments:

Post a Comment