Saturday, March 13, 2010

So I visited a friend from college recently on my travels and it was a very self-enlightening experience. The whole cliche of how you learn about yourself from others. I realized that in college, I went through a phase where I was selfish, overly emotional, and drank too much. It's hard to describe what I learned from all of this without sounding mean about my friend, but I would say that I am much happier not being the way I was. And it helped me to see things from an outside perspective. I wish I could help my friend, but I know when I was in college, I felt that I didn't need any help. I didn't take criticism well, had low self esteem, and was very emotional. Being with Alan and traveling and having to be more flexible in life, brought me to that turning point. For the first time, I am living the life I have always wanted, and I feel confident with pursuing goals, and I am okay with being single. I don't think I'll ever be normal, but I would say I'm a normal weirdo :).

No comments:

Post a Comment